Arrive in Guatemala City on Saturday between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM.
Pass through customs as a group, as instructed by team leader
- Van transportation from airport (GUA) to Antigua (about 1.5 hour drive)
- Enjoy the evening in Antigua!
Day 1 (Sunday):
- 7:00 AM breakfast meeting at Hotel Aurora with all volunteers, hospital staff, Common Hope representatives, and interpreters
- Hermano Pedro Hospital tour
- Clinic including patient examinations, surgery scheduling, anesthesia pre-ops, labs and x-rays
- Unpacking and setting up the operating rooms
- Art activities for children of patients
Days 2-5 (Monday through Thursday):
- Breakfast at 6:30 AM at Hotel Aurora
- First patient in the OR at 7:30 AM
- Lunch at hospital
- Finish by 5:00 PM
- All team members are encouraged to meet at the hotel from 5:30 to 6:30 PM before proceeding to dinner
Day 6 (Friday):
- Surgeons make morning rounds on patients still in hospital.
- Day off! You are on your own and may wish to stroll and shop around Antigua, or choose to do a day trip.
Day 7 (Saturday):
- Morning transportation to Guatemala City airport for return flights.